We have 25 Dyslexia Interventionists serving K-12 students. They all have been trained in the Wilson Reading System.
- Of those 25, we have 11 interventionists certified in Wilson Reading System Level 1 Practicum. This practicum is a year long intense training for certification.
- The expectation is to train more interventionists in the near future.
- The North Little Rock School District has purchased over $25,000.00 of materials and training for dyslexia interventionists and students with characteristics of dyslexia for the 20-21 school year.
- Wilson Reading System aligns with the core curriculum being implemented for K-8.
- Interventionists are collaborating together to create lessons, and to provide interventions with fidelity whether students are at school or virtual.
Wilson Reading System
Wilson Reading System is a structured literacy program based on phonological-coding research and Orton-Gillingham principles. Wilson Reading System directly and systematically teaches the structure of the English Language. The Wilson Reading System aligns with guidelines from the International Dyslexia Association, which recommends that students with dyslexia receive:
- Explicit, direct, cumulative, intensive, and focused instruction on the structure of language;
- Multisensory learning using visual, auditory, and kinesthetic-tactile pathways to enhance memory and learning of written language; and
- Consistent links made between the visual, auditory, and kinesthetic-tactile pathways in learning to read and spell. (International Dyslexia Association, 2008)
Dyslexia Specialists in the North Little Rock School District
(They are housed at Central Office.)
Dyslexia Interventionists in the North Little Rock School District
|School||Interventionist's Name||Email Address|
|Boone Park||Donnie Skinnerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Boone Park||Shelly Smithemail@example.com|
|Indian Hills||Harriet Poolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Indian Hills||Emily Stadtheremail@example.com|
|Meadow Park||Coleman, Jenniferfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Meadow Park||Ashley Eatonemail@example.com|
|North Little Rock Academy||Amber Moorefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North Little Rock High School||Elizabeth Bartlettemail@example.com|
|North Little Rock High School||Joan Holbertfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|NLRMS 6||Kara Dillieemail@example.com|
|NLRMS 6||Abby Nicholsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|NLRMS 7/8||Rhonda Eubanksemail@example.com|
|NLRMS 7/8||Kristie Edwardsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ridge Road||Michelle Baggettemail@example.com|
|Ridge Road||Deedra Leefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Seventh Street||Pam Hart-Strassleemail@example.com|
|Seventh Street||Courtney Bowiefirstname.lastname@example.org|